Feb 4 - Mar 2 , 2014 · BOOTH PLAYHOUSE at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
The play that took Broadway by storm last year is coming to Charlotte next season! Taking place on April 3, 1968, THE MOUNTAINTOP is a gripping re-imagining of events the night before the assassination of civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. After delivering one of his most memorable speeches, an exhausted Dr. King retires to his room at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis while a storm rages outside. When a mysterious young woman named Camae delivers room service, King is forced to confront his destiny and his legacy to his people.
Broadway Lights Season Ticket Buyers will be able to use their swap benefit for this show, or purchase additional tickets for it before sales open to the public.
- Add to cal Tue, Feb 4 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Wed, Feb 5 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Thu, Feb 6 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Fri, Feb 7 at 8:00 PM
- Add to cal Sat, Feb 8 at 8:00 PM
- Add to cal Sun, Feb 9 at 3:00 PM
- Add to cal Tue, Feb 11 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Wed, Feb 12 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Thu, Feb 13 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Fri, Feb 14 at 8:00 PM
- Add to cal Sat, Feb 15 at 8:00 PM
- Add to cal Sun, Feb 16 at 3:00 PM
- Add to cal Tue, Feb 18 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Wed, Feb 19 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Thu, Feb 20 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Fri, Feb 21 at 8:00 PM
- Add to cal Sat, Feb 22 at 8:00 PM
- Add to cal Sun, Feb 23 at 3:00 PM
- Add to cal Tue, Feb 25 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Wed, Feb 26 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Thu, Feb 27 at 7:30 PM
- Add to cal Fri, Feb 28 at 8:00 PM
- Add to cal Sat, Mar 1 at 8:00 PM
- Add to cal Sun, Mar 2 at 3:00 PM
Parking and Directions
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
Enter on Trade or 5th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
CLICK HERE for parking information for Spirit Square events. (McGlohon Theater, Duke Energy Theater)
CLICK HERE for parking information for Knight Theater events.
The Sunday, February 9 matinee performance will be audio described and interpreted.
Advance reservations for Patron Assistance are encouraged to ensure the best possible experience!
- Infrared listening system for people with hearing impairments
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Wheelchair seating
All of our theaters and classrooms are accessible to patrons who use wheelchairs. Most restrooms and water fountains in all facilities are wheelchair accessible, and restrooms are equipped with strobe-light as well as audio alarm systems.
Entry and exit assistance
For performances in the Booth Playhouse, an usher can meet patrons who need assistance at the corner of 5th and College Streets.
SERVICES FOR THE VISUALLY-IMPAIRED
Certain performances will be audio described for the blind or visually impaired. The Box Office will provide a schedule of these performances upon request. Audio description provides an on-going oral description of the action, sets and costumes during the performance. Each participant wears a headset, and no other patrons are able to hear the descriptions.
Large Print Programs
Large print programs are available for patrons at many performances. At the Booth Playhouse, simply ask any usher for assistance.
If you or someone in your party plans to attend an event with a service animal, please inform the Box Office when purchasing your tickets so that we may arrange for an aisle seat.
SERVICES FOR THE DEAF AND HARD-OF-HEARING
Certain performances at the Performing Arts Center will be interpreted for the hearing impaired. The Box Office will provide a schedule of these performances as requested.
Assistive Listening Devices
Infrared hearing amplification is available free of charge for all performances in the Performing Arts Center and Spirit Square. In the Booth Playhouse, patrons may ask an usher for assistance.