Spirit of Service SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The Spirit of Service Scholarship Award was established to encourage student commitment to higher education and provide financial support for a deserving student’s college education. This financial support reinforces Blumenthal Performing Arts’ commitment to mentor the youth in our community and provide unique opportunities for youth through the Junior Ambassador Program.
This scholarship was initially established to honor the life and commitment of Syl Bartos who joined Blumenthal Performing Arts as its first House Manager in 1992. Throughout his ten years of service, Syl Bartos consistently exhibited the highest standard of excellence in customer service and enthusiastically supported the Junior Ambassador Program.
Today the scholarship, recently renamed the Spirit of Service Scholarship, is funded through gifts in honor and memory of individuals who have loyally served Blumenthal Performing Arts. Gifts to the Spirit of Service Scholarship fund serve as a meaningful way to honor individuals who have demonstrated a personal commitment to Blumenthal Performing Arts’ mission and its impact on the community.
Pictured with the Class of 2016 Junior Ambassadors is David Goodman, a Blumenthal trustee and inspiration for the Spirit of Service Scholarship.
“As trustees we have the opportunity to make a difference and lead by example.” David Goodman
- Complete one year of the Junior Ambassador Program and be a graduating senior. APPLY HERE for the Junior Ambassador Program.
- Must be a high school senior currently serving as a BPA Junior Ambassador
- Must have ushered a minimum of 14 BPA events
- Must have attended a minimum of three Junior Ambassador seminars
- Must have a minimum 3.3 high school GPA (cumulative)
- Must submit a copy of most recently available grades transcript
- Must submit a copy of most recent FAFSA report
- Must submit a double-space, one-to-two-page essay addressing the following questions:
- What have you learned through your experience as a Junior Ambassador?
- What are your college plans? (Please include the names of colleges/universities that have accepted you and/or the school you have chosen.)
- As of now, what are your post-college goals?
To support the Spirit of Service Scholarship Fund or the Junior Ambassador program GIVE NOW.