Dear Evan Hansen "You Will Be Found" Essay Challenge
Regional and national awards available for high school juniors and seniors
Blumenthal Performing Arts and the Linda Beck Education Fund are partnering to provide one regional first place $2,000 scholarship and one regional runner up $1,500 scholarship to students in the Charlotte area as part of the recently announced national Dear Evan Hansen "You Will Be Found" College Essay Writing Challenge.
Designed for current high school juniors and seniors, and to align with the Common Application for college admissions, this national essay challenge also includes the opportunity to receive an additional $10,000 college scholarship at the national level, funded by Dear Evan Hansen lead producer Stacey Mindich.
11th and 12th grade students are asked to respond to the following essay prompt:
Linda Beck Education Regional Scholarship Eligibility
- Student must meet and complete all requirements of the Dear Evan Hansen “You Will Be Found” College Essay Writing Challenge
- Student must reside in one of the following Charlotte-area counties: Alexander, Anson, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanley, Union, Chester (SC), Chesterfield (SC), Lancaster (SC), York (SC)
Essay Challenge Details
- Entries should be 650 words or less.
- Students in 11th or 12th grades are eligible to enter.
- The contest is open to residents of the United States and its territories.
- There is no entry fee.
- Essays should be specific and have a clear narrative.
- Entries will be evaluated on originality, the quality of the writing, narrative, and clarity.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of writers and Broadway theater professionals. Previous contest judges include six-time Tony nominee Chad Beguelin, Little Brown Books for Young Readers editorial director Farrin Jacobs, and Washington Post theater critic Peter Marks.
- Deadline: 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, April 5th, 2021.