Beo String Quartet with Dylan Gilbert
Experience the world premiere of "Future Languages." Embark on a fascinating musical journey that bridges antiquity and modernity as the celebrated Beo String Quartet and groundbreaking experimental rock producer and sound artist, Dylan Gilbert, come together to craft a mesmerizing fusion of sound, story, and visuals. This immersive performance is a masterful blend of dance-inducing rhythms, haunting melodies, and sonic elements.
Inspired by an eclectic range of musical genres, "Future Languages" seamlessly weaves together cinematic music, indie-rock, electronic dance music, hip-hop, renaissance motets, and baroque dances within the framework of a string quartet.
As the performance unfolds, a captivating tapestry of speech samples and infectious grooves gradually emerge to introduce and reveal the narrative of “Future Languages.” Futuristic expressions beckon you to immerse yourself in an odyssey that will resonate long after the final notes have been played.
Sounds reminiscent of: Radiohead, Björk, Hanz Zimmer, Led Zeppelin, FKA twigs, and James Blake.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $10* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
- Enter on Trade or 5th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
The $10 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $10 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
GETTING AND USING YOUR PARKING PASS WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $10 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
WHEN YOU EXIT
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
Bring your pre-purchased parking pass with you to the show and exchange for an exit pass or purchase your exit pass at the box office or parking stations at the show.
The Booth Playhouse is located on the upper level of Founders Hall. Take the Bank of America Center Parking Garage elevator to the 6th level. Go through the Bank of America Center and cross the over-street walkway into Founders Hall. The Booth Playhouse will be on your immediate right.
Booth Playhouse at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center is located in Founders Hall and contains 434 seats in its orchestra and gallery levels.
It hosts a variety of dance, choral and other musical ensembles, as well as meetings, seminars and workshops.