theSkimm Night Out
The founders of theSkimm are coming to your city for a fun night out, full of empowering conversation, networking, cheersing, and more to celebrate their new book, How to Skimm Your Life.
It might seem like everyone you know took a secret class on how to navigate life – and you were out sick that day. Enter: theSkimm.
theSkimm was founded in 2012 by Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg and since then they’ve created the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, a suite of products, and become a beloved brand for more than 7 million members.
Whether you're a recent grad, looking to make a change, or just want to reset, Carly and Danielle will host a night of helpful and entertaining conversation. You’ll walk away feeling empowered to do the things you’ve been putting off — whether that’s negotiating a salary, saving your money, or finally learning how to pick out the right bottle of wine.
Each ticket includes pre-show networking with other Skimm’rs in your area, a copy of theSkimm’s book, How to Skimm Your Life (a $27.00 value, published by Ballantine Books), and an evening of real talk.
VIP ticket includes:
- Meet & Greet with theSkimm founders Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg
- New headshots taken by a professional photographer
- Tote bag filled with gifts and goodies with some of theSkimm’s favorite products
- Complimentary wine flight
- Preferred Event Seating located in the first five rows
- VIP early entry into venue
- Official VIP Laminate
- Signed copy of How to Skimm Your Life
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
7th Street Station Parking Garage
Enter on 6th or 7th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
*The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
GETTING AND USING YOUR PARKING PASS WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
WHEN YOU EXIT
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square seats 730 and has become a showplace for live performances.
Uptown’s only historic theater, McGlohon Theater was originally the First Baptist Church sanctuary. The venue was carefully restored and opened in 1980. With its stained glass windows and Byzantine dome, this historically designated space makes each event a memorable experience. McGlohon Theater features the orchestra (stage) level and the balcony level.
The theater is named in honor of the late, legendary jazz pianist Loonis McGlohon of Charlotte.