Posted: Feb 17, 2022
Front of House Security Associate - Part Time
Company: Blumenthal Performing Arts
Salary Range: $15.00 per hour
Under minimum supervision, monitors the safety and security of guests, staff, and facilities in assigned areas, generally Front-of-House (FOH) at Blumenthal's six theaters or other designated spaces. Serves as an active member of the FOH Security team, working regular shifts, assisting with recruitment, training, and management of all FOH security team associates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and monitors the daily operations of the FOH Security team including training, monitoring performance, scheduling shifts and other related aspects of the role.
- Conducts pre-show meetings with FOH Associates, Managers, and Supervisors at the beginning of each shift to cover show specifics such as expected attendance numbers, run time of performances, ADA accommodations when needed, distribution and retrieval of radios and other equipment as needed and any known or perceived concerns that may affect security during the shift.
- Verifies that FOH Security represents Blumenthal appropriately in appearance, meeting uniform standards, in their communication by being positive and clear, and in providing the best customer service with a smile.
- Provides the House Manager and Food & Beverage Supervisors with necessary support and assistance as needed to address any security and/or safety issues.
- Enforces all Blumenthal policies and procedures, making recommendations for changes or improvements. Assists with formulating updated policies and procedures, when necessary.
- Conducts routine refresher training for all security associates, including communicating new policies and/or procedures to the Front-of-House team.
- Attends weekly Production Meetings, discussing any concerns, and prepares for future events regarding staffing and procedures. Provide and/or receive recommended changes to routine practices in collaboration with co-workers to increase knowledge and skills.
- Provides security support to Human Resources and G4S Security as requested and gives counsel regarding security issues. Assist the Operations Manager to conduct security investigations as requested/required.
- Serves as support and/or backup to the G4S Site Manager to ensure post coverage.
- Provides appropriate and timely scheduling of Front-of-House Security associates to cover performances and events as needed. Ensures all positions are staffed with personnel who are trained appropriately for the task.
- Reports to Operations Manager any suspicious conditions, person, incidents, or action which could or does result in injury or loss to company or employees. Prepares and submits accident/incident reports as needed.
- Coordinates with G4S team to ensure all facilities/spaces are secured at the end of each day.
- Greets and assists performers, staff, crew, and the public as necessary. Leads by example for the security team to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Logs, stores, and locks lost & found items in proper storage and/or designated area in three theater locations as needed. Coordinates with the Operations Manager to ensure the FOH Lost & Found procedures are appropriate and followed.
- Maintains knowledge of Performing Arts activities and schedules in all locations and spaces.
- Performs minimal housekeeping duties in assigned areas as needed in the absence of Building Services personnel
- Refers to policy and procedure manuals, security manuals, evacuation plans, schedules, etc., as needed and ensures the security staff is knowledgeable of these procedures.
- Operates a computer, smart phone, security monitors, two-way radio, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, staff, performers, delivery personnel, tenants, and the general public.
- Assists administrative staff with security or safety issues as requested
- Collects and reconciles parking funds at all locations and deposit these funds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Two years of security, military, or law enforcement experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.