Posted: Dec 14, 2021
Marketing and Publicity Manager
Company: Blumenthal Performing Arts
Salary Range: $50,978 - $76,466
Under minimal supervision, plan and direct the execution of strategic and tactical marketing/ publicity/promotional plans and programs to drive ticket sales to achieve/exceed budgeted sales goals for assigned events. Manage the Blumenthal brand and position in association and coordination with event brands. Manage sponsorship activations associated with marketing and advertising of events or programs under the manager’s portfolio. Promotes and publicizes Blumenthal events and mission programs; assists with special event planning, including direct responsibility for managing affinity groups. Prepares sales projections and event settlements as required. Managers may focus on one of three areas – Commercial Ticketed Event Specialist / Grassroots Marketing and Influencer Engagement Specialist / Concert and Event Specialist. Reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- ASSIGNED TICKETED ATTRACTIONS, CONCERTS and BROADWAY SHOWS: Identify and recommend advertising, marketing, pricing and promotional strategies to drive single ticket and group sales for Blumenthal presented shows and events in its theaters, festivals and other locations. Create and execute the overall marketing plan for each assigned event and manage the marketing budget. Serve as the primary liaison with each event’s marketing/press representative and negotiate marketing/press/pricing approvals as required.
- PUBLICITY: Plan and oversee the execution of a strategic publicity plan for assigned events. Contract and direct external contract publicists as required. Develop and maintain relationships with key traditional media and social media influencers relevant to assigned events.
- EVENTS: Plans all major special events, including the annual Tony Party, Blumenthal Open Houses, Camp Blumenthal and Kids’ Night. Assists with planning affinity group events under the direction of marketing staff managing affinity programs.
- GRASSROOTS MARKETING: Develop and implement grassroots marketing programs to grow and deepen engagement and participation with audience segments who are less responsive to traditional mass media advertising and promotions. Identify and recommend advertising, marketing, pricing and promotional strategies to activate under-served audiences and develop customer journeys to move customers along a path to higher levels of participation and/or increased ticket purchasing.
- CONTENT CREATION: Identify and produce content for social channels and Blumenthal publications to promote and publicize events, as well as elevate Blumenthal’s brand and position. Manage and direct external content vendors, including writers, videographers and photographers and interface with internal creative services and social/digital content teams to produce content.
- EDUCATION STORYTELLING: Assist the Blumenthal Education team, providing strategic marketing and publicity advice to assist Education in shaping and sharing their story with the community. Help facilitate the creation of marketing materials and content for public dissemination utilizing internal and external marketing resources.
- AFFINITY GROUPS: Manage Blumenthal’s Affinity programs, including strategies to grow membership; develop and oversee the annual budget; and event planning/execution of all events and activities. Affinity groups include Club Blume (Young Professionals), Out on the Town (LGBTQ+) and Teacher’s Lounge (Educators).
- MEDIA BUYING: Plan and direct the execution of media buys, including management of advertising agencies and direct media planning and buy negotiation. Identify and negotiation partnerships with key media partners.
- BRAND MANAGEMENT: Plan and direct the incorporation of the Blumenthal brand and position into event marketing campaigns and content.
- WEBSITE: Create event pages for assigned events and identify, acquire and publish relevant content for these pages. Oversee the overall Blumenthal website ensuring graphics are up-to-date, plan and execute the Homepage Banner rotation, work with Carbon House on website updates and troubleshoot any issues.
- INFLUENCERS: Manage and grow Blumenthal’s Social Influencers Marketing Initiative, identifying and engaging key social influencers within the social media environment and developing long term, ongoing relationships to grow Blumenthal’s presence and brand awareness with influencers and their followers.
- TICKETING/PRICING: Serve as secondary liaison with the Ticketing team and the Pricing Manager on on-sale planning and inventory/pricing management.
- SALES: Researches and prepares sales projections. Identifies sales patterns and trends via in-depth sales tracking and forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, advertising or communications preferred) or equivalent relevant professional experience in marketing.
- Five or more years of job experience in marketing/advertising/communications area with direct experience in the cultural sector preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are essential.
- Prefer candidates who have experience with new media buying/planning and/or digital/social content creation.
- Strong eye for graphic design and videography and knowledge and hands-on experience with In-Design and desktop video editing strongly preferred.
- Some evening or weekend duties may be required.