Posted: Dec 14, 2021
Marketing Business Manager
Company: Blumenthal Performing Arts
Salary Range: $50,978 - $ $76,466
Manages day-to-day activities and logistics for assigned special Marketing programs, including Marketing/Advertising for Venue Rentals. Prepares all marketing settlements and manages day to day bill payments and bill resolutions for marketing department, including more than $2 million annually in event ads. Serves as primary contact for Blumenthal’s ticket donation program and oversees the promotional ticket programs. Manages day-to-day functions for Special Marketing Programs and is regularly assigned to lead other special projects as they arise. Responsible for budgeting, organization, marketing/promotion, and day to day logistics for assigned programs. Supports the Marketing VP, Marketing Team, and the Board Marketing Committee, arranging meetings, researching issues, preparing reports, organizing programs, etc. Manages and coordinates with other marketing team members on day-to-day ad creation, trafficking and tagging. Assists Communication and Digital staff with production/scheduling of video projects, show publicity, including artist coordination and logistics and other tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day activities and logistics for assigned special marketing programs, including Marketing/Advertising for Venue Rentals. Responsibilities include budget planning/oversight, planning/executing marketing/promotional support, organizing meetings and special offers, planning/placing advertising and other marketing related functions. Serves as the primary department liaison with outside companies affiliated with these programs.
- Serve as primary contact for Blumenthal’s ticket donation program; fields requests and fulfills donation orders.
- Manages Marketing Settlements: Collects, reviews, and prepares all required documentation for marketing settlement packages by deadline. Researches and responds on questions related to settlement documents.
- Manages Marketing payment process and record keeping for all advertising and other marketing invoices. Verifies payment amounts based on contracts and marketing plans and researches and resolves any payment disputes. Does monthly reviews and reconciliation season marketing account for Broadway Lights Series ($500,000) and for the Marketing Department annual budget ($225,000).
- Creates and Executes Marketing Plans and Strategy for assigned Blumenthal attractions. Acquire press opportunities for select Blumenthal attractions, as assigned; coordination with members of the media and show press agents to arrange interviews for a variety of media outlets including print, online, TV and radio.
- Assists Vice President with Board Marketing Committee, including meeting organization, minutes, reports, etc. Researches and prepares reports and presentations and minutes as required. Also works closely with VP on executing marketing research, including organizing focus groups (identifying and soliciting participants), meeting logistics, and preparing materials and on preparing and maintaining other metrics related reports.
- Supports marketing team on a day-to-day basis and serves as a key backup on key platforms, including venue websites and email programs. Organizes and maintains comp ticket requests. Assist managers and other coordinators with Affinity Groups and other special events in organizing and executing programs. Writes and proofs ads, press releases, promotional, advertising and website copy, as required. Assists Communications Manager with event publicity efforts, including artist coordination and logistical arrangements.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field supplemented by a minimum of five years of experience in a prior position that utilizes most of the skills required for this job.
- Excellent quantitative skills, including the basic algebra necessary for creating simple spreadsheet formulas, and knowledge/experience with database organization, queries and basic statistics are required.
- Candidates also must have a strong knowledge of advertising and marketing strategy and tactics, as well as excellent organizational, detail and time management skills and communication (written and verbal) expertise.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Also desire experience with Filmmaker Pro, and the ability to use a professional video camera and editing software.
- Basic skills in Photoshop and other Adobe design products also is preferred.
- Must be able to work equally well with a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Evening or weekend hours will be required.