Posted: Jun 20, 2022
Company: Blumenthal Performing Arts
Salary Range: Grade 14
Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, work directly with hiring managers to attract, select and hire diverse top talent for employee and volunteer roles. Responsible for the full life cycle of the employee and volunteer recruitment process. Manages the volunteer program including promotion of the program within the community, recruitment and placement of volunteers and the program budget. Promotes a spirit of volunteerism throughout all departments within the organization and within the community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the full life cycle of the employee and volunteer recruitment process including creating/updating job descriptions, creating requisitions in the applicant tracking system, sourcing and screening candidates, placing job postings on job boards and social media channels, coordinating interviews and facilitating offers.
- Ensures recruitment and selection process is conducted in accordance with applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Promotes BPA and the volunteer program throughout the community by planning and delivering presentations in corporate settings, job fairs, civic and social groups, clubs and other organizations to solicit volunteers and employees.
- Develops and distributes promotional material to recruit volunteers and employees.
- Screens and interviews volunteers.
- Consults with internal departments to assess resource requirements and determine organizational needs for volunteer services. Fills requests for volunteers in a timely manner.
- Maintains record of hours worked by volunteers in all departments. Provides data for annual and grant reporting as requested.
- Conducts annual and ongoing evaluations of the volunteer program including volunteer satisfaction. Initiates changes in the program and policies and procedures as needed.
- Conceptualizes, plans and implements recognition programs and appreciation events/awards for volunteers.
- Serves as public liaison for inquiries regarding the volunteer program.
- Creates and maintains a database of all volunteers including contact information, education, experience, skills, certifications, etc.
- Develops and manages volunteer program budget.
- Maintains a high level of communication with volunteers through email, newsletters and face to face interactions.
- Builds relationships and interacts with volunteers by conducting on site pre-show visits.
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and related workplace software.
- Proficiency with applicant tracking and HRIS systems.
- Ability to manage a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, sales/marketing or related field supplemented by three years of recruitment experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- COVID – 19 vaccination required.
- Experience managing a volunteer program preferred.
- Experience with ADP preferred.