Posted: Jan 10, 2023
Ticketing Services Supervisor
Company: Blumenthal Performing Arts
Salary Range: Grade 13
Participate in and assist in supervising daily box office operations, daily phone sales operations, ensure the provision of effective and efficient customer service and professional customer relations. Perform related duties as required. Reports to the Director of Ticketing Sales and Customer Service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Ticketing Sales and Services Manager, the Ticketing Events Manager, the Guest Satisfaction Manager, and the Ticketing Operations Manager to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Department.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer and quality service by modeling the image of the organization, communicating customer service philosophies, brand, standards, and orienting others in effective customer service strategies.
- Communicate customer service and technical updates to ticketing team related to information including procedural changes.
- Supervise ticketing team with customer contacts through online chat, phone, in person, and email correspondence for single ticket and subscription sales.
- Oversee all aspects of box office operations ensuring accuracy and timeliness which includes ticketing system, daily sales orders and their reconciliation, sales receipts, daily safe drops, maintenance of records of all transactions; ensures the accuracy of transactions as well as positive customer relations.
- Serve as lead-on-duty for pre and post show box office operations: attend to customer issues and manage the box office activities to ensure efficient operations and maintenance of customer service standards.
- Maintain various reports for internal and external partners including but not limited to customer service, financial statements, seat inventory, and sales.
- Ensure inventory of supplies including ticket stock, envelope stock, office supplies, and marketing materials.
- Fulfill internal orders including complimentary, paid, affinity program, and special opportunity ticket orders.
- Prepare event settlement statements on behalf of ticketing for events as scheduled from various systems.
- Work with resident company personnel regarding ticketing needs including inventory management and customer inquiries.
- Train and guide Customer Service Representatives and maintain materials as appropriate.
- Work closely with all internal departments for cross-promotional initiatives.
- At all times maintain, high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Prioritize and set deadlines for own work to meet all deadlines and ensure ideal results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one or two years of general business or customer service experience, OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- Prior ticketing or live events experience preferred.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Customer focused approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Position Specific Competencies
- Building team environment
- Customer skills
- Ensures training in new technologies
- Managing multiple priorities
- Quality of work
- Relationship building/networking
- Time management
- Training and development
- Writing skills