Season Spotlight: Frozen
Do you want to build a snow...er, learn about Disney's newest Broadway smash? Take a deeper look at Frozen in this week's season spotlight.
- Winner: 2018 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Puppet Design
- Nominated for three 2018 Tony Awards: Best Musical, Best Book and Best Original Score
In the kingdom of Arendelle, a young Elsa prepares for her coronation while harboring an icy secret: she has exceptional powers. While Elsa tries to withdraw from society, her sister, Anna, teems with excitement and romance over the thought of exploring and experiencing the world around her.
After the coronation ceremony goes awry, Anna sets out on a journey to reunite with her sister, accompanied by ice harvester Kristoff (who's a bit of a fixer-upper), his reindeer Sven, and Olaf, a hilarious and heartwarming snowman.
The Creative Team
- Direction: Michael Grandage (Frost/Nixon, Evita 2012 revival )
- Book: Jennifer Lee (co-writer, Disney's Wreck-It Ralph)
- Music and Lyrics: Kristen Anderson-Lopez (In Transit, Disney's Coco) and Robert Lopez (The Book of Mormon, Avenue Q)
Choreography: Rob Ashford (Thoroughly Modern Millie, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying 2011 revival)
The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway
Based on the 2014 Academy Award-winning film, Frozen is the coolest show on Broadway, perfect for musical-lovers of all ages. Whether you're a longtime Blumenthal attendee or returning to the theater for the first time in forever, Frozen is sure to melt even the iciest of hearts with its award-winning score and dazzling theater magic.
Frozen is currently on sale with a 2019-20 PNC Broadway Lights season ticket. Learn more here.