Season Spotlight: MEAN GIRLS
Get in, losers. We're going to explore this hilarious new musical, based on the 2004 comedy film written by Tina Fey. And even though it's not yet Friday, you can sit with us for this PNC Broadway Lights season spotlight, even if you're wearing sweatpants (I just hope they're pink).
Cady Herron grew up in the African savanna, but nothing could've prepared her for the savagery of the drama at North Shore High School. After meeting and befriending social outcasts Janis and Damian, Cady agrees to a plan to become part of The Plastics, the most "popular" group of girls in school, in order to take down their leader, Regina George.
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Book of a Musical
- Nominated for 12 Tony Awards in 2018, including Best Musical
- Directed by Casey Nicholaw (Disney's Aladdin, The Book of Mormon)
- Book by Tina Fey ("30 Rock")
- Music by Jeff Richmond ("Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt," Fully Committed)
- Lyrics by Nell Benjamin (Legally Blonde)
Mean Girls updates Fey's modern classic with references to all things current: social media, internet culture and more. But don't worry: all of your favorite references have moved from screen to stage. The show is totally grool, if I do say so myself.
Mean Girls is part of the upcoming PNC Broadway Lights Series. Season tickets are available now.