Season Spotlight: My Fair Lady
Dance all night with this week's Season Spotlight on Lerner & Loewe's My Fair Lady.
- Winner: 2018 Tony Award for Best Costume Design of a Musical
- Winner: 2018 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Revival of a Musical
- Winner: 2018 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Costume Design of a Musical
- Nominated for nine additional 2018 Tony Awards, including Best Musical Revival
Based on George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion, My Fair Lady is a classic musical look at Eliza, a Cockney flower seller taken under the wing of Professor Henry Higgins. Through speech lessons, a fabulous wardrobe upgrade and lessons in societal etiquette, Higgins works to transform Eliza into his idea of a proper lady. But who is really being transformed?
The Creative Team
- Direction: Bartlett Sher (To Kill a Mockingbird 2018 revival, Oslo, The King and I 2015 revival)
- Book and Lyrics: Alan Jay Lerner (Camelot, Brigadoon)
- Music: Frederick Loewe (Camelot, Brigadoon)
Just You Wait!
This sumptuous revival features the score you know and love, including "I Could've Danced All Night," "The Rain in Spain," "Wouldn't It Be Loverly" and "Just You Wait," as well as an impressive set by Michael Yeargan (Golden Boy, The King and I 2015). Catherine Zuber's (The King and I 2015, Moulin Rouge! The Musical) award-winning costumes are stunning, and together these pieces bring you into Eliza's world of early 20th century London.
Lerner & Loewe's My Fair Lady is currently on sale with a 2019-20 PNC Broadway Lights season ticket. Learn more here.