Mary Doctor Scholarship
The Mary Doctor Fine Arts Scholarship Fund was established in honor of Mary Doctor, an astute Charlotte area business owner and a tremendous supporter of young people and Blumenthal Performing Arts.
At the discretion of the Mary Doctor Fine Arts Scholarship Committee, up to two Charlotte Region, high school seniors are selected each year to receive a scholarship of up to $40,000!
The application deadline is March 13, 2023.
Scholarship recipients are selected among applicants who demonstrate:
- significant financial need
- above-average ability and great interest in one or more areas of the arts
- apparent potential for a successful career in the arts
- desire to enrich the lives of others through the arts
- acceptance by a university or college with an established arts program
- plans to pursue an undergraduate degree in an arts discipline (e.g. music, dance, theatre, technical theatre, arts administration, arts education, film, digital arts, studio arts, etc.)
- resides in one of the qualifying Charlotte-area counties
2023 Mary Doctor Fine Arts Scholarship Important Dates
- March 13: Application deadline
- March 24: Application status notice; Presentation slots scheduled for accepted applicants
- April 1: Audition & portfolio presentations
- April 7: Award recipient notification
A performance provides a slice of time where we forget about race, war, poverty and the myriad of things in life that can seem daunting. For that moment we all come together and we are one. My hope is for this scholarship to encourage those with a special talent to keep the arts alive and to never have them fade away.