Internships at Blumenthal Performing Arts are designed to offer hands-on and instructional learning experiences to college and graduate students considering careers within arts management-related fields.
The number and types of internships vary during the course of BPA’s calendar year according to the needs and workflow of individual BPA departments. However, there are often multiple internship opportunities available throughout the year.
Our standard internship is full-time (30+ hours per week) and requires a minimum commitment of ten weeks by intern candidates. Pending the needs of individual departments, flexibility in daily or weekly work scheduling may be required and some work in the evenings and weekends may be necessary. To assist full-time interns with living expenses, BPA provides a stipend of $250 per week.
Interns may be eligible for college credit upon completion of BPA’s internship program. Interns who intend to receive credit for their internship experience are responsible for meeting registration requirements of their respective colleges and for informing BPA’s Director of Education of necessary evaluation and/or other forms to be completed by appropriate BPA personnel.
- Please apply between March 1 and April 15 for consideration.
- Please apply between June 1 and June 30 for consideration.
- Please apply between November 1 and November 30 for consideration.
Submit the following materials:
- A completed Internship application form
- A letter of application that describes your background and professional interest, as well as a statement of career goals and objectives
- A current resume
- A copy of your most recent college transcripts
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor or other appropriate reference