DateJune 6 - 11, 2023
Ticket PricesPrices begin at $25.00
On SaleOn Sale Now
Groups of 10+ receive 10% off. Groups of 40+ also receive one complimentary ticket. Valid on select performances.
Special OffersAdvance Student Rush Offer for 1776
- June 6| Tuesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- June 7| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- June 8| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- June 9| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- June 10| Saturday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- June 10| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- June 11| Sunday 1:30 PM Get Tickets
- June 11| Sunday 7:00 PM Get Tickets
What will it take to get two dozen powerfully passionate, exceedingly complicated, and all-too-human individuals to settle their differences while they hold the very future of a nation in their hands? American Repertory Theater at Harvard University/Roundabout Theatre Company’s new production of the Tony Award-winning BestMusical, 1776, catapults to blazing new life in a thrillingly new production from directors Jeffrey L. Page (Violet) and Diane Paulus (Waitress). New York Magazine/Vulture says, “It’s an absolute blast!” Suddenly, the songs, humor, and passion of this musical masterpiece soar as never before.
A glorious multiracial cast of female, transgender, and nonbinary actors portrays the fiery founders of this country, putting history in the hands of the humans who were left out the first time around—and the result is an epic show of passion, debate, and roof-raising musical fireworks. Experience “a 1776 worth celebrating!” (Variety). “It pulsates with energy and snaps with attitude.” You may never think about our country—who we are and why—the same way again
Recommended for ages 10+.
Audio Description will be provided at the 1:30 performance on Sunday, June 11.
ASL services will be provided at the 1:30 performance on Sunday, June 11.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $10* is available for our patrons in the Bank of American Center Parking Garage.
- Entrances at: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $10 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Monday-Friday. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $10 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Saturday and Sunday.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $10 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.372.1000.*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
PURCHASE YOUR PARKING EXIT PASS IN ADVANCE
Bring your pre-purchased parking pass with you to the show and exchange for an exit pass or purchase your exit pass at the box office or parking stations at the show.
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.