A Musical Showcase Competition Celebrating Excellence
Created by Charlotte Concerts, A Musical Showcase Competition Celebrating Excellence features performances by elementary, middle school, and high school instrumental and choral ensembles in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS). Thirteen ensembles – over 601 students - were selected from blind audios by professional adjudicators. These students represent the BEST and FINEST musical talent. It is a Memorable and fun show and evening! Attendees leave the theater, raving about the beautiful music and the talent of these students.
Performing at the Belk on April 8, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.:
- Ardrey Kell High School, Chamber Orchestra
- Bailey Middle School, Bailey Singers
- Community House Middle School, Symphony Orchestra
- Crestdale Middle School, 7th Grade Band
- David W. Butler, Mixed Chamber Choir
- McClintock Middle School, Advanced Chorus
- Myers Park High School, The Myers Park Winds
- Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology, Jazz Ensemble
- Randolph Middle School, 8th Grade Chorus
- River Gate Elementary School, Select Choir
- South Charlotte Middle School, Honors Chorus
- Torrence Creek Elementary School, The Quarter Notes
- West Charlotte High School, Chorale Ensemble
A Musical Showcase is possible, thanks to the generosity of patrons in the Charlotte community. This competition celebrates musical excellence and provides the opportunity for students and adults to realize that the discipline, self-motivation, and training involved with music endeavors and the joy derived from music truly change a person’s life. Support the students, our future!!!
- Tickets in Price zone 1 are available in the Orchestra section.
- Tickets in Price zone 2 are available in the Grand Tier section.
- Tickets in Price zone 3 are available in the Mezzanine section.
- Balcony seats are not available at this time.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
Entrances at: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.