Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
- Aug 11| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 12| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 13| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 14| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 15| Sunday 4:30 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 18| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 19| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 20| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
It's 1927 and Ma Rainey, the "Mother of the Blues," is recording new sides of old favorites in a rundown studio in Chicago. Fiery and determined, Ma Rainey fights to retain control over her music, while her cocky trumpet player Levee dreams of making his own name in the business. More than music goes down in August Wilson's riveting portrayal of rage, racism, self-hatred and exploitation.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
7th Street Station Parking Garage
Enter on 6th or 7th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
*The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
- Social distancing procedures will be in place.
- Masks are required at all times.
- All guests will be subject to a temperature check and must answer a COVID questionairre prior to entry.
- No food or beverages will be available.
The Duke Energy Theater is a truly multi-purpose space.
It is a Black-Box theater and is completely equipped with theater lighting capabilities and sound system. The space also has beautiful stained glass windows and hardwood floors.
Duke Energy Theater is ideal for receptions, seminars, meetings or lectures. Maximum capacity for Duke Energy Theater is 182.