Clara's Trip: A Cirque & Dance Nutcracker Story
- Dec 7| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Dec 8| Friday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Dec 9| Saturday 11:00 AM Get Tickets
- Dec 9| Saturday 4:00 PM Get Tickets
- Dec 9| Saturday 7:00 PM Get Tickets
- Dec 10| Sunday 1:00 PM Get Tickets
- Dec 10| Sunday 4:00 PM Get Tickets
- Dec 10| Sunday 5:30 PM Desserts with Clara and Friends Get Tickets
A contemporary twist on a holiday classic.
Clara attends a holiday party hosted by Mr. and Mrs. Flowers. At the party, she meets Beau and they dance the night away. Only one problem. Clara is a passionate dancer but not the most coordinated. She trips, falls and is whisked off to the hospital to learn that her ankle is broken. That night her friends and get-well gifts swirl in her dreams.
Come one, come all to the perfect holiday treat for your friends and family!
All shows will have sound dampening headphones, fidget toys and a quiet room for people with sensory and learning disabilities. A Know Before You Go that will include when loud and sudden theatrics will occur will also be sent out on December 1 to ticket holders.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $10* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
- Enter on Trade or 5th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
The $10 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $10 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
GETTING AND USING YOUR PARKING PASS WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $10 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
WHEN YOU EXIT
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
Bring your pre-purchased parking pass with you to the show and exchange for an exit pass or purchase your exit pass at the box office or parking stations at the show.
The Booth Playhouse is located on the upper level of Founders Hall. Take the Bank of America Center Parking Garage elevator to the 6th level. Go through the Bank of America Center and cross the over-street walkway into Founders Hall. The Booth Playhouse will be on your immediate right.
Sensory Friendly Performance
Clara’s Trip on December 9 at 11:00am is a Sensory Friendly Performance where the ambience and theatre ‘rules’ are relaxed. This performance is ideal for people with learning disabilities or anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed environment. Our sensory friendly performance will have the following:
Sound dampening headphones
Calming Area in the lobbies
Know Before You Go document that will include which scenes have loud music or abrupt lighting changes.
Audience lights dimmed throughout the show
Booth Playhouse at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center is located in Founders Hall and contains 434 seats in its orchestra and gallery levels.
It hosts a variety of dance, choral and other musical ensembles, as well as meetings, seminars and workshops.