Leaving Watermaine by N. Nelson-Ewing is a portrait of the Mainlodge family as they each forge their journey of personal growth from the family ties that bind almost too tightly. Against the backdrop of the mysterious murder of Jesse Moss, the Mainlodges and the Watermaine community search for answers, uncovering heartbreak, shame, ambition, colorism…. And ultimately triumph of spirit! Leaving Watermaine is a powerful testimony to the love of family and the fuel it provides for perseverance. Featuring Karen Abercrombie, Thom McKinney,
K. Alana Jones, Renee Welsh-Noel, Chloe Shade, Jeremy DeCarlos, John Bonds, John Harris, PJ Barnes, Coven Colby, and Scott Reynolds.
Leaving Watermaine contains adult themes and language. Not recommended for children under 16.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $10* is available for our patrons in the Bank of America Center Parking Garage.
- Entrances: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $10 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Monday-Friday. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $10 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Saturday and Sunday.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $10 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.372.1000.*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
Bring your pre-purchased parking pass with you to the show and exchange for an exit pass or purchase your exit pass at the box office or parking stations at the show.
The Booth Playhouse is located on the upper level of Founders Hall. Take the Bank of America Center Parking Garage elevator to the 6th level. Go through the Bank of America Center and cross the over-street walkway into Founders Hall. The Booth Playhouse will be on your immediate right.
Booth Playhouse at Blumenthal Arts Center is located in Founders Hall and contains 434 seats in its orchestra and gallery levels.
It hosts a variety of dance, choral and other musical ensembles, as well as meetings, seminars and workshops.