Miles & Coltrane: Blue (.)
DateApr 13 - 16, 2023
On SaleOn Sale Now
- Apr 13| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Apr 14| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Apr 15| Saturday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- Apr 15| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Apr 16| Sunday 1:30 PM Get Tickets
- Apr 16| Sunday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
Miles & Coltrane: Blue (.) captures the galvanizing energy of the 1950′s, an element of time when American society was rapidly changing. During this era, jazz was the soundtrack to a new social revolution.
And at the forefront of jazz music was trumpet blaring Miles Davis and skillful saxophonist John Coltrane.
The show depicts the personal and professional relationship between the two jazz legends, whose brilliant collaborations reshaped the boundaries of music and popular culture. This musical biography blends award winning actors, musicians, and poets to articulate this noteworthy shift in music history, taking you on a journey through the artists’ lives and the legacy they left behind.
Contains adult language.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $10* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
- Enter on Trade or 5th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
The $10 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $10 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
GETTING AND USING YOUR PARKING PASS WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $10 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
WHEN YOU EXIT
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
PURCHASE YOUR PARKING EXIT PASS IN ADVANCE
Bring your pre-purchased parking pass with you to the show and exchange for an exit pass or purchase your exit pass at the box office or parking stations at the show.
The Booth Playhouse is located on the upper level of Founders Hall. Take the Bank of America Center Parking Garage elevator to the 6th level. Go through the Bank of America Center and cross the over-street walkway into Founders Hall. The Booth Playhouse will be on your immediate right.
Booth Playhouse at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center is located in Founders Hall and contains 434 seats in its orchestra and gallery levels.
It hosts a variety of dance, choral and other musical ensembles, as well as meetings, seminars and workshops.