- Sep 27| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 28| Thursday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 28| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 29| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 30| Saturday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 30| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Oct 1| Sunday 1:30 PM Get Tickets
- Oct 1| Sunday 7:00 PM Get Tickets
The music. The showmanship. The icon. Now, the unparalleled artistry of the greatest entertainer of all time comes to Charlotte as MJ, the Tony Award®-winning new musical centering on the making of the 1993 Dangerous World Tour, begins a tour of its own. Created by Tony Award®-winning Director/Choreographer Christopher Wheeldon and two-time Pulitzer Prize winner Lynn Nottage, MJ offers not just Michael Jackson’s singular moves and signature sound, but also a thrilling glimpse into the creative spirit and obsessive mind that created the biggest pop superstar the world has ever known. MJ is startin’ somethin’ as it makes its North Carolina premiere at the Belk Theater in September 2023.
Audio Description will be provided at the 1:30 performance on Sunday, October 1.
ASL services will be provided at the 1:30 performance on Sunday, October 1.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garages.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
- Entrances at: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Monday-Friday. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Saturday and Sunday.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
7th Street Station
- Entrances at: 6th and 7th Streets
The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Bring your pre-purchased parking pass with you to the show and exchange for an exit pass or purchase your exit pass at the box office or parking stations at the show.
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.