Opera Carolina: Aida
Aida has been rescheduled to Opera Carolina’s 2021-2022 season. Performance dates will be announced in early 2021.
DateApr 11 - 17, 2021
Ticket PricesTickets start at $22.
Group tickets available for groups of 10+.
- Apr 11| Sunday TBA
- Apr 15| Thursday TBA
- Apr 17| Saturday TBA
Verdi’s towering masterpiece, Aida, juxtaposes love of country against a deadly love triangle. The action involves Radamès, an Egyptian general; Amneris, the Egyptian princess who loves him; and her handmaiden – the beautiful, enslaved Ethiopian princess, Aida.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
Entrances at: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
>PURCHASE YOUR PARKING EXIT PASS IN ADVANCE
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.