- Feb 14| Tuesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Feb 15| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Feb 16| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Feb 17| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Feb 18| Saturday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- Feb 18| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Feb 19| Sunday 1:30 PM Get Tickets
- Feb 19| Sunday 7:00 PM Get Tickets
Riverdance, as you’ve never seen it before! A powerful and stirring reinvention of this beloved favorite, celebrated the world over for its Grammy award-winning score and the thrilling energy and passion of its Irish and international dance. Twenty-five years on, composer Bill Whelan has rerecorded his mesmerizing soundtrack while producer Moya Doherty and director John McColgan have completely reimagined the ground-breaking show with innovative and spectacular lighting, projection, stage and costume designs. Immerse yourself in the extraordinary power and grace of its music and dance–beloved by fans of all ages. Fall in love with the magic of Riverdance all over again. For over 25 years, nothing has carried the energy, the sensuality and the spectacle of Riverdance.
Riverdance began its journey as the interval act in the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest, produced for television by Moya Doherty. This electrifying and innovative seven-minute dance piece was then developed into a full-length stage show by Producer Moya Doherty, Composer Bill Whelan and Director John McColgan. With its fusion of Irish and International music and dance, the show broke all box office records during its world première run in Dublin in early 1995. When the show transferred to London the reaction was unprecedented. There followed a hugely successful tour starting in New York in March 1996, where 8 sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall heralded the start of two decades of touring by Riverdance companies throughout North America. Since its inception Riverdance has packed theatres throughout North America, Oceania, Asia, Europe, South Africa and South America.
Audio Description will be provided at the 1:30 performance on Sunday, February 19.
ASL services will be provided at the 1:30 performance on Sunday, February 19.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $10* is available for our patrons in our designated garages.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
- Entrances at: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $10 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Monday-Friday. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $10 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Saturday and Sunday.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $10 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010.*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
Bring your pre-purchased parking pass with you to the show and exchange for an exit pass or purchase your exit pass at the box office or parking stations at the show.
Riverdance: 25th Anniversary Pre-Show VIP Experience Includes:
- Early access to the venue hall to watch cast warm-ups
- VIP laminate
- Short Q&A with select cast members prior to the performance. (Cast members will be on stage with VIP members in the audience).
This offer is a separate ticket purchase and addition to the performance ticket cost. All persons attending the VIP experience must also have a performance ticket.
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.