SlamCharlotte Poetry Slam
DateDec 18, 2020
Ticket PricesThis is a free event.
Blumenthal Performing Arts' monthly Poetry Slams are hosted by SlamCharlotte, Charlotte’s own three-time national championship team of spoken word poetry. SlamCharlotte strives to promote poetic growth, performance enhancement, and increased camaraderie among the poets and the community through the monthly slam competitions. SlamCharlotte’s current Slammaster, Bluz, is the 13th ranked individual poet in the world. This event will be livestreamed on Blumenthal's Facebook page!
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
7th Street Station Parking Garage
Enter on 6th or 7th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
*The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
CLICK HERE for parking information for Blumenthal Performing Arts Center events. (Belk Theater, Booth Playhouse, Stage Door Theater)
CLICK HERE for parking information for Knight Theater events.
- Space is limited and guests will be admtted on a first come, first served basis.
- Social distancing procedures will be in place.
- Masks are required at all times.
- All guests will be subject to a temperature check and must answer a COVID questionairre prior to entry.
- No food or beverages will be available.