The Big Sing: Flashback
Whip out your mood rings, parachute pants, and one-strapped overalls, because it’s time for The Big Sing: FLASHBACK with Carolina Voices’ MainStage! Sing along to all the songs that get you groovin’ and spark your best memories! Think iconic songs like Bohemian Rhapsody, Like a Prayer, Jolene, and Rehab. Come move to music from hit artists such as Celine Dion, Stevie Wonder, One Republic, and Lady Gaga. From the Motown favorites of the 60s and the solid gold artists of the 70s to the grunge of the 90s and even today’s hit-makers – we’ve got you covered with all your favorite tunes! So pull out that Hyper-color shirt, throw on some black eyeliner, and get ready to FLASHBACK!
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
7th Street Station Parking Garage
Enter on 6th or 7th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
*The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
GETTING AND USING YOUR PARKING PASS WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
WHEN YOU EXIT
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square seats 730 and has become a showplace for live performances.
Uptown’s only historic theater, McGlohon Theater was originally the First Baptist Church sanctuary. The venue was carefully restored and opened in 1980. With its stained glass windows and Byzantine dome, this historically designated space makes each event a memorable experience. McGlohon Theater features the orchestra (stage) level and the balcony level.
The theater is named in honor of the late, legendary jazz pianist Loonis McGlohon of Charlotte.