The Jazz Room: Holiday Edition
Piano Night, the Music of Vince Guaraldi
A holiday classic back by popular demand, join us for the music of legendary composer Vince Guaraldi.
Join us for one of the most swingin’ holiday season celebrations in town as the JAZZ ROOM celebrates the music of legendary composer Vince Guaraldi and A Charlie Brown Christmas. The evening features five of the region’s most gifted jazz pianists playing the music of Guaraldi, best known for Charlie Brown, “Peanuts” television Christmas specials. This family-friendly presentation will feature classic holiday favorites and surprises that will help make your season merry and bright.
The evening’s festivities will include a pre-concert dessert reception and silent auction supporting JazzArts programs, including the JazzArts Academy and Sponsor A Student scholarships.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
7th Street Station Parking Garage
Enter on 6th or 7th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
*The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
GETTING AND USING YOUR PARKING PASS WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
WHEN YOU EXIT
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square seats 730 and has become a showplace for live performances.
Uptown’s only historic theater, McGlohon Theater was originally the First Baptist Church sanctuary. The venue was carefully restored and opened in 1980. With its stained glass windows and Byzantine dome, this historically designated space makes each event a memorable experience. McGlohon Theater features the orchestra (stage) level and the balcony level.
The theater is named in honor of the late, legendary jazz pianist Loonis McGlohon of Charlotte.