Disney's The Lion King
DateAug 8 - Sep 1, 2024
Ticket PricesSelect dates available now as part of the 2023-2024 Equitable Bravo Season Ticket
On SaleOn Sale TBA
10% off groups of 15+. Valid on select price zones and select performances.
Early Bird: Groups of 15+ receive 20% off when booked before public sale begins.
- Aug 8| Thursday 2:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 8| Thursday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 9| Friday 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 10| Saturday 2:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 10| Saturday 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 11| Sunday 1:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 11| Sunday 6:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 13| Tuesday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 14| Wednesday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 15| Thursday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 16| Friday 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 17| Saturday 2:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 17| Saturday 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 18| Sunday 1:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 18| Sunday 6:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 20| Tuesday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 21| Wednesday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 22| Thursday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 23| Friday 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 24| Saturday 2:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 24| Saturday 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 25| Sunday 1:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 25| Sunday 6:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 27| Tuesday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 28| Wednesday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 29| Thursday 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 30| Friday 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 31| Saturday 2:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Aug 31| Saturday 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sep 1| Sunday 1:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sep 1| Sunday 6:30 PM On Sale TBA
More than 100 million people around the world have experienced the phenomenon of Disney’s THE LION KING, and now you can, too, when Charlotte’s best-loved musical returns to the Belk Theater. Winner of six Tony Awards®, including Best Musical, this landmark musical event brings together one of the most imaginative creative teams on Broadway. Tony Award®-winning director Julie Taymor brings to life a story filled with hope and adventure set against an amazing backdrop of stunning visuals. THE LION KING also features some of Broadway’s most recognizable music, crafted by Tony Award®-winning artists Elton John and Tim Rice. There is simply nothing else like THE LION KING.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $10* is available for our patrons in the Bank of America Center Parking Garage.
- Entrances at: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $10 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Monday-Friday. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $10 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Saturday and Sunday.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $10 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.372.1000.*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
Bring your pre-purchased parking pass with you to the show and exchange for an exit pass or purchase your exit pass at the box office or parking stations at the show.
The Lion King is recommended for ages 8+.
- Strobe light, fog
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.