Cody Cooley as Squidward Q. Tentacles and The Company of The SpongeBob Musical. Photo by Jeremy Daniel.
Daria Pilar Redus as Sandy Cheeks and Lorenzo Pugliese as SpongeBob SquarePants in The SpongeBob Musical. Photo by Jeremy Daniel.
The SpongeBob Musical
DateJune 16 - 21, 2020
Ticket PricesPrices begin at $25.00. On sale now with free parking through the Very Merry Holiday Special!
On SaleOn Sale Now
Special OffersVery Merry Offer for The SpongeBob Musical
GroupsEarly Bird: Groups of 10+ receive 20% off. Groups of 40+ also receive one complimentary ticket. Valid on select performances and price zones.
- June 16| Tuesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- June 17| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- June 18| Thursday 1:00 PM Get Tickets
- June 18| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- June 19| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- June 20| Saturday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- June 20| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- June 21| Sunday 1:00 PM Audio Description provided Get Tickets
- June 21| Sunday 6:30 PM Get Tickets
A legendary roster of Grammy® Award winners. A visionary director and a Tony Award®-winning design team. One of the world’s most beloved characters. Turn them loose on stage and what do you get? The bold, original musical The New York Times declares, “BRILLIANT!”
“Wonders pour from the stage in a ravishing stream of color and invention” (Time Out New York) as Broadway’s best creative minds reimagine and bring to life the beloved Nickelodeon series with humor, heart and pure theatricality in a neon-sparkly “party for the eyes and ears” (Daily Beast). Be there when SpongeBob and all of Bikini Bottom face catastrophe—until a most unexpected hero rises to take center stage. This “creative explosion” (Broadway.com) is “nothing short of genius” says Theatermania, so bring the entire family to celebrate friendship and cooperation, and learn the power of unity and inclusion.
Get ready to enjoy the “Broadway Extravaganza” (The New Yorker) that New York Magazine calls “effervescent candy-for-the-spirit.” Explore the depths of theatrical innovation in NICKELODEON’S THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL, 2018 Best Musical winner of the Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Awards, where the power of optimism really can save the world.
Audio Description will be provided at the 1:00 performance on Sunday, June 21.
ASL services are provided on request for this production. Please note that requests require 30-day notification in advance of show date.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
Entrances at: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
>PURCHASE YOUR PARKING EXIT PASS IN ADVANCE
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.