Posted: Sep 15, 2021
Assistant Technical Production Manager
Company: Blumenthal Performing Arts
Under occasional supervision, assist in preparing and executing shows and events on stage, ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, regulations and standards of safety. Perform related administrative and technical tasks as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and standards of quality and safety
- Meet with clients, other technical staff, and booking/programming department personnel to discuss production needs and budgets; prepare labor and equipment estimates
- Install, maintain, repair and coordinate the use of stage equipment, including sound and lighting systems and equipment
- Coordinate backstage and front of house activities
- Schedule and perform show load-ins and load-outs; assist with show set-up; oversee rehearsals; run shows
- Set up audio-visual and other electrical/technical equipment for meetings, catering, etc. as needed
- Assist in supervising stagehands as assigned; supervisory duties include instructing, planning and assigning work, reviewing work, maintaining standards, coordinating activities, allocating personnel and acting on employee problems
- Train staff in the proper use of house equipment
- Assist other departments with maintenance needs as requested
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and technology in technical theater
- Complete stagehand payroll, reports and associated paperwork
- Receive and review various records and reports including payroll, crew call requests, crew listing, invoices, bills of lading, estimates, show schedules and outlines, electrical plans, correspondence, memos, etc.
- Prepare various records and reports including payroll, crew call requests, diagrams, training material, show estimates, show reports, etc.
- Refer to architectural and electrical plans, diagrams, equipment manuals, show riders, lighting color swatch books, computer manual, policy and procedure manuals, etc.
Supplementary three to five years of experience and/or training in technical theater or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Position Specific Competencies
- Concern for employee satisfaction
- Equipment skills
- Interpersonal communication
- Managing multiple priorities
- Technical skills
- Verbal aptitude
- Ability to lift over 50lbs and stand for long periods of time, occasionally work overhead
- Ability to tell the difference in color variances
Email resume, including salary history, to firstname.lastname@example.org. When attaching a resume to your email submission, files MUST be either MS Word (.doc) or ADOBE (.pdf) format. File types other than these will be rejected. You may also fax your resume to 704.444.2163 or mail to:
- Blumenthal Recruiter
130 N. Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202