Posted: Feb 9, 2023
Building Services Attendant
Company: Blumenthal Performing Arts
Salary Range: Grade 10
Under regular supervision, maintains Blumenthal facilities including any off-site venues. Ensures a safe and clean environment for staff, performers, and the public.
Duties & Responsibilities
Performs general custodial and routine cleaning work as required in the maintenance of all facilities, including but not limited to buffing, mopping, polishing, striping, refinishing, waxing, and sealing floors; vacuuming and cleaning carpets; washing doors, windows, and trim; cleaning and sanitizing restrooms; dusting office surfaces and furniture; cleaning air vents, etc.
- Receive product orders and stock supply rooms.
- Maintains cleanliness of all assigned work-related equipment.
- Report safety and maintenance conditions to supervisor.
- Refer to policy and procedure manuals, equipment manuals, chemical manuals, etc.
- Utilize various clerical, cleaning, and maintenance supplies.
- Interact and communicate with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, coworkers, staff of other departments, tenants, vendors, and the general public.
- Must be flexible with work hours to including but not limited to days/nights weekends in all Blumenthal Performing Arts venues.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Perform Non-Technical Event Set-ups up to and including moving of furniture and other duties as needed.
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one to two years of facilities maintenance experience, OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to complete all assigned work-related duties.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Also involved the lifting carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 20 pounds), and occasionally heavier items (up to 50 pounds)