Junior Ambassadors Program
High school juniors and seniors can dive into the theater world through our Junior Ambassadors program! This unique opportunity provides an excellent educational and hands-on volunteer experience, beyond-the-stage, in the performing arts. During an entire school year, Junior Ambassadors serve as volunteer theater ushers in Blumenthal theaters and attend a series of seminars, through which they learn about different career opportunities in the performing arts. Students also enhance their interpersonal skills, build self-confidence, and develop new networks of peers and professionals through the program.
TOP 5 REASONS TO JOIN BLUMENTHAL’S JUNIOR AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
- Have an Enjoyable Volunteer Opportunity!
- See World-Class Theater!
- Learn about Career Opportunities in the Arts!
- Meet New Friends!
Every year, the Junior Ambassador program is offered with great pride and excitement from Blumenthal Performing Arts. While 2020 is turning out to be a challenging year for the performing arts industry, Blumenthal is committed to offering the Junior Ambassador program in a safe and healthy way. In fall of 2020, the Junior Ambassadors program will be launched as a virtual experience until it is determined that it is safe to reopen our doors to students. Here are some updates to the program:
- Orientation will be a virtual meeting.
- Monthly seminars (the first weekend of each month) will also be virtual.
- Usher requirement will be relaxed for the school year.
- When it is deemed safe (under government guidelines, with Blumenthal leadership, and with parental consent), students will be allowed to serve as ushers in our theaters. They will be provided with health and safety training, as well as appropriate protective gear.
- Junior Ambassadors will be treated to a NEW educational series that explores various forms of performing arts. Occurring monthly and led by expert teaching artists, this arts exploration series will be a great way for students to stay connected to and enjoy the arts.
Our theater doors may not yet be open, but we are proud to offer the Junior Ambassador program in new and exciting ways. Blumenthal is committed to providing educational opportunities that encourage career exploration, personal growth and confidence-building, and provide a connection to the wonderful world of performing arts.
Applications for the upcoming fall are available NOW! Returning student applications will be accepted through June 15, and New student applications will be accepted through September 4.
Have questions? Contact the Education Team at [email protected]!
Criteria For Eligibility
- High school junior or senior during the 2020-2021 school year
- Willingness to volunteer usher for 2 shows per month, October - April (Flexible for 2020-2021 Program Year)
- Participation in at least 4 of 7 arts management and personal development seminars for First Year students
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average maintained
- Completed and Submitted Application including Parental Permission Form, Two character references from teachers, mentors, or youth leaders, and Personal Essay