A current Middle or High School Student?
A theater and Broadway fanatic?
Ready to meet & hang out with new friends?
Charlotte Live! Teens is for YOU!
This teen social group is free to join and open to all middle and high school students! All you have to do is enter your email address below to begin receiving updates on upcoming parties, pre-show workshops and special student discounts for select performances. Please review the FAQs so you know what to look forward to.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, January 19th from 5:30-7:00pm. More information coming soon....!
Mark your calendars for Sunday, February 20th. This event is for High School students only as the show contains mature content.
More information coming soon....!
This Charlotte Live! Teens event will take place on November 11th from 5:30-7:00pm at Discovery Place in uptown! With Spirit Square beginning its renovations on October 1st, Discovery Place has graciously allowed us to continue this program at their incredible facility. Teens will be divided into small groups and rotate through three 30-minute activities – an inclusion workshop, ensemble building theatre games with professional actor/director, Sidney Horton, and a boxed dinner with a self-identity activity.
We are excited to host our upcoming event at Wicked for Charlotte Live! – for middle school and high school participants on September 23rd. This event will take place from 6-7:30pm before the show at Ovens Auditorium. Teens will be divided into small groups and rotate through three 30-minute activities – a hands-on visual art workshop led by a local artist, Meghan Nance, improv-based theatre games with professional actor/director, Sidney Horton, and (social distanced) boxed dinner with “get to know you” games.
ALL GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS INDOORS IN ALL OUR VENUES EXCEPT WHEN CONSUMING FOOD OR BEVERAGES IN DESIGNATED AREAS. PLEASE NOTE NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES WILL BE ALLOWED IN OUR THEATERS.
Guests agree to abide by the protocols in place at the time of a performance. BPA may refund the purchase price, refuse admission, or remove a guest from the venue for failure to follow any health and safety measures in effect at the time of the show.
When do you announce Charlotte Live! Teens offers?
- When the opportunity to host a Charlotte Live! Teens event arises, an email will be sent out to the full distribution list. This is the best way to ensure that all members of the email club have equal opportunity to get in on the fun!
- When a Charlotte Live! Teens event or other offer becomes available, we will post it here on the website as well.
- Don’t forget to check out Student Rush offers! Student Rush is open to any student- not only members of Charlotte Live! Teens - and it’s another great way to find discounted tickets to upcoming shows.
What is included at a Charlotte Live! Teens event and what is the registration process?
Charlotte Live! Teens events include a pre-show activity or workshop, dinner, and either PZ20 or PZ30 tickets to the performance - all for one low price.
- Two emails will be sent per event to all Charlotte Live! Teens families.
- The first email will list all event information for the next program. Chaperones are encouraged to utilize the next few days to plan logistics to ensure they are bringing a group size of 3 teens or more (unless an accommodation is needed). Chaperones will need to gather the following information for the ticket request form:
- Chaperone name (can be more than 1 if bringing a student party of 6 or more)
- Student names
- Student DOB (This allows us to make sure that your students’ age fits into the appropriate age range for this program.)
- Student food allergies and/or dietary restrictions (to make sure we can provide an appropriate dinner)
- Student learning accommodations/special needs (or any other important info to know)
- The second email, which will include the ticket request link, will be sent several days later. Chaperones will enter the above information into this online form.
- Within 48 hours, chaperones will receive an email from our Education team. The first group requests that fall within the event capacity (typically 100 attendees) will receive the official registration link. All others will be notified that they are on the event waitlist.
*To ensure an equitable process, this program is first come, first served.
*You can reserve up to 10 tickets for your group per event.
*You will not receive an e-ticket for Charlotte Live! Teens events. Tickets will be handed out upon check in to the event. They will NOT be held at the box office.
*For 21-22 and beyond, registrants will no longer bring payment on the day of the event. All registration and payment will be completed online in advance.
What age students are allowed to attend Charlotte Live! Teens events?
This program serves students in grades 6-12 only. We most frequently hold events for high schoolers, but do include several middle school parties throughout our season. Occasionally, events may be open to both grade levels - all information will be included in the email announcement and on the website.
Can parents attend Charlotte Live! Teens events, too?
Chaperones are welcome but we request that chaperones accompany a group of 3 or more teens as these discounted opportunities are created for this age group specifically. Chaperone requests for less than 3 teens will be considered if serving a specific need or accommodation only.
I want to attend an upcoming Charlotte Live! Teens event, but there are no more tickets left. What can I do?
The email announcing a Charlotte Live! Teens event will include one link to request tickets. If the event capacity (typically 100 attendees in total) has been reached, this ticket request link automatically turns into the event waitlist where you can enter your group’s information. If any seat openings arise, we will reach out to waitlisted groups on a first come, first served basis.
I want to change the number of tickets I have for an upcoming event, can I do that?
- If there are still tickets available for an upcoming event, you are welcome to purchase additional tickets. If you want more tickets and there are none left, you may add your name to the waitlist.
- If you find you’ve purchased too many tickets, please try to find other students who can attend the event with you. All Charlotte Live! Teens ticket purchases fall under our ticketing policies, and there are no refunds. Please only purchase the number of tickets that you plan to use, and remember that any unused ticket deprives another student of the opportunity to participate in the program.
Can I purchase a subscription package for Charlotte Live! Teens events?
In an effort to make this program accessible to as many students as possible, we are unable to offer subscription packages for the Charlotte Live! Teens program.
I’m not receiving emails about Charlotte Live! Teens events. What can I do?
If you find that you are having trouble receiving emails about Charlotte Live! Teens, follow the steps below.
- Submit your email address again - there may have been a typo the first time it was entered. (You may also add an additional email address, as well!)
- Add BlumenthalEmailManager@blumenthalarts.org to your address book- the email club is LARGE, and our emails may be caught in a spam or junk folder. Adding our email address to your address book should help ensure the emails go to your inbox instead.
- If you’re still having issues, email email@example.com and we will check in our system to determine if the issue is on our end.