Spirit Of Service Scholarship Award
This awards program was established to provide a modest merit-based scholarship award to four high school seniors currently serving Blumenthal Performing Arts as a Junior Ambassador. The purpose of the scholarship fund is to encourage the pursuit of higher education and provide financial assistance for expenses related to the first year of college. This assistance reinforces Blumenthal’s commitment to provide unique opportunities for high school juniors and seniors through the Junior Ambassadors Program.
The ’Spirit of Service’ title recognizes the unselfish efforts and gifts of many individuals devoted to supporting the educational mission of Blumenthal Performing Arts with the hope that recipients will use their gifts to impact future generations through the arts.
Scholarship Application Criteria and Process
- Must be a high school senior currently serving as a BPA Junior Ambassador
- Must exceed the program requirements signed at the beginning of the program
- Must submit an official transcript
- Must submit a double-space essay addressing the following questions:
- What was the most impactful moment or element of the Junior Ambassador program?
- How will you use what you have learned as a Junior Ambassador in your future support of and involvement of the arts?
- What are your college plans? (Please include the name of at least on college or university that has admitted you for fall 2021 classes.)
- As of now, what are your post-college goals?
- Applications will be accepted April 1-16, 2021. Applications received outside of this application window will not be considered.
- The transcript and completed essay must be received by Blumenthal Performing Arts' Education Department no later than April 16, 2021.
Email materials to [email protected]
Four scholarship awards (two in the amount of $1,000 each and two in the amount of $1,500 each) will be announced and presented at the Junior Ambassador Banquet on Monday evening, April 26, 2021.
“As trustees we have the opportunity to make a difference and lead by example.”