Bard Fiction, written by Aaron Greer, Ben Tallen, and Brian Watson-Jones with additional contributions from members of the Pulp Bard Wiki Project, at the Duke Energy Theatre at Spirit Square, Charlotte, NC, April 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 2019
Honor. Betrayal. Foot rubs.
Shakespeare and Tarantino collide in this Elizabethan retelling of Pulp Fiction! Also known as Pulp Shakespeare, or A Slurry Tale- BARD FICTION follows the seedy characters of Tarantino's opus, now part of London's underworld, in seemingly disparate plotlines that merge in unexpected ways. All your favorite characters are present: Vincent, Jules, Mia, Marsellus Wallace, Butch, and yes…even The Gimp, as they hurtle towards their respective fates.
Ages 13 & up, Adult situations.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
7th Street Station Parking Garage
Enter on 6th or 7th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
*The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
The Duke Energy Theater is a truly multi-purpose space.
It is a Black-Box theater and is completely equipped with theater lighting capabilities and sound system. The space also has beautiful stained glass windows and hardwood floors.
Duke Energy Theater is ideal for receptions, seminars, meetings or lectures. Maximum capacity for Duke Energy Theater is 182.