Jesus Christ Superstar
DateJuly 28 - Aug 2, 2020
Ticket PricesPrices begin at $25.00. On sale now with free parking through the Very Merry Holiday Special!
On SaleOn Sale Now
Special OffersVery Merry Offer for Jesus Christ Superstar
GroupsGroups of 15+ receive 10% off. Groups of 40+ also receive one complimentary ticket. Valid on select performances and price zones.
- July 28| Tuesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- July 29| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- July 30| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- July 31| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 1| Saturday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 1| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Aug 2| Sunday 1:30 PM Audio Description and ASL provided Get Tickets
- Aug 2| Sunday 7:00 PM Get Tickets
In celebration of its 50th anniversary, a new mesmerizing production of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR comes to North America. With music and lyrics by Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony winners Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR is set against the backdrop of an extraordinary series of events during the final weeks in the life of Jesus Christ as seen through the eyes of Judas.
Originally staged by London's Regent's Park Open Air Theatre and helmed by the acclaimed director Timothy Sheader (Crazy for You, Into the Woods) and award-winning choreographer Drew McOnie (King Kong, Strictly Ballroom), this production won the 2017 Olivier Award for Best Musical Revival, garnering unprecedented reviews and accolades.
Appealing to both theater audiences and concert music fans, this production pays tribute to the historic 1971 Billboard Album of the Year while creating a modern, theatrical world that is uniquely fresh and inspiring. Reflecting the rock roots that defined a generation, the legendary score includes "I Don't Know How to Love Him," "Gethsemane" and "Superstar."
Audio Description and ASL will be provided at the 1:30 performance on Sunday, August 2.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
Entrances at: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
>PURCHASE YOUR PARKING EXIT PASS IN ADVANCE
Estimated Run Time
90 minutes, no intermission.
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.