- Sep 10| Tuesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 11| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 12| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 13| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 14| Saturday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 14| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 15| Sunday 1:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 15| Sunday 6:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 17| Tuesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 18| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 19| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 20| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 21| Saturday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 21| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 22| Sunday 1:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 22| Sunday 6:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 24| Tuesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 25| Wednesday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 26| Thursday 7:30 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 27| Friday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 28| Saturday 2:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 28| Saturday 8:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 29| Sunday 1:00 PM Get Tickets
- Sep 29| Sunday 6:30 PM Get Tickets
Aladdin is brought to thrilling theatrical life in this bold new musical that will sweep you into an exotic world full of daring adventure, classic comedy and timeless romance. It’s an unforgettable experience that includes all the cherished songs from the Academy Award-winning score and more written especially for the stage.
Produced by Disney Theatrical Productions, the show features music by Tony Award and eight-time Oscar® winner Alan Menken (Beauty and the Beast, Newsies, Sister Act), lyrics by two-time Oscar winner Howard Ashman (Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid), three-time Tony Award and three-time Oscar winner Tim Rice (Evita, Aida) and four-time Tony Award nominee Chad Beguelin (The Wedding Singer), with a book by Beguelin, and is directed and choreographed by Tony Award winner Casey Nicholaw (The Book of Mormon).
Aladdin, adapted from the Academy Award®-winning animated Disney film and centuries-old folktales including “One Thousand and One Nights,” is brought to fresh theatrical life in this bold new musical. Aladdin’s journey sweeps audiences into an exotic world of daring adventure, classic comedy and timeless romance. This new production features a full score, including the five cherished songs from the Academy Award-winning soundtrack and more written especially for the stage.
The animated film Aladdin was released by Disney in 1992 and was a critical and box office smash, grossing over $500 million worldwide (not adjusted for inflation) and becoming the highest-grossing film of the year.
The film won the Oscar for Best Original Score and introduced the hit song “A Whole New World,” which won the second of the film’s two Academy Awards as Best Original Song. The Peabo Bryson/Regina Belle recording of the tune soared to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Aladdin is designed by seven-time Tony-winning scenic designer Bob Crowley, six-time Tony-winning lighting designer Natasha Katz, two-time Tony-winning costume designer Gregg Barnes and sound designer Ken Travis.
The production team also includes illusion designer Jim Steinmeyer, hair designer Josh Marquette and makeup designer Milagros Medina-Cerdeira. The music team is headed by music supervisor and music director Michael Kosarin, who also created the vocal and incidental music arrangements, joined by orchestrator Danny Troob and dance music arranger Glen Kelly.
Audio Describe Performance: September 15 matinee
Sign Language Performance: September 15 matinee
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $5* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
Entrances at: 150 N. College St. and 290 E. 5th St.
The $5 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $5 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
Getting and Using Your Parking Pass When You Arrive
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $5 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
When You Exit
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and the screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.