JAZZ ROOM Special Edition: Joshua Redman Group
featuring Gabrielle Cavassa, “Where Are We” Tour
Acclaimed saxophonist Joshua Redman kicks off JAZZ ROOM Season 19, premiering his all-star quartet with Aaron Parks, Joe Sanders, and Brian Blade, performing music from his new Blue Note Records debut album Where Are We, featuring vocalist Gabrielle Cavassa.
Redman notes that “the surface concept of where are we is rather simple: each of the songs on the album is about, or at least makes reference to, a specific geographical location (city or state or region) in the United States: Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Streets of Philadelphia,’ Count Basie’s ‘Going To Chicago,’ Rodgers & Hart’s ‘Manhattan,’ John Coltrane’s ‘Alabama,’ etc… So, on one level, this is an album ‘about’ America — at once a celebration and a critique. But it is also, to varying degrees, a ballads album, a standards album, an album of romantic longing, an album of social reflection, an album of melodic invention, an album of improvisational adventure, an album of mashups, perhaps even a tribute album of sorts.”.
Directions & Parking
A special preferred parking rate of only $10* is available for our patrons in our designated garage.
Bank of America Center Parking Garage
- Enter on Trade or 5th Streets between N. College and N. Brevard Streets.
The $10 rate is applicable when parked in the garage after 5pm on weekdays, Mon – Fri. If parked in the garage before 5pm, the $10 rate is void. There is no time restriction for the weekend, Sat & Sun.
GETTING AND USING YOUR PARKING PASS WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Pull the garage entry ticket when you arrive at the designated garage. You will need this to exit!
- Purchase a $10 Blumenthal exit pass at the theater or >click here to purchase in advance online. If you would rather purchase by phone, please call 704.335.1010*
WHEN YOU EXIT
- Insert your garage entry ticket into the yellow slot. Amount due will display on the screen.
- Insert your Blumenthal exit pass in the same yellow slot, with the arrow pointing at slot.
- Gate arm will rise and screen will display “drive safely.”
*Pre-paid parking is not available day of show.
Bring your pre-purchased parking pass with you to the show and exchange for an exit pass or purchase your exit pass at the box office or parking stations at the show.
The Booth Playhouse is located on the upper level of Founders Hall. Take the Bank of America Center Parking Garage elevator to the 6th level. Go through the Bank of America Center and cross the over-street walkway into Founders Hall. The Booth Playhouse will be on your immediate right.
Booth Playhouse at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center is located in Founders Hall and contains 434 seats in its orchestra and gallery levels.
It hosts a variety of dance, choral and other musical ensembles, as well as meetings, seminars and workshops.