GALAPRO, a new closed captioning service delivered on mobile phones, will be available for select Broadway shows at Belk and Knight Theaters. This new service will provide enhanced accessibility. It’s designed specifically for the darkened, theater environment.
GALAPRO if offered now in twelve Broadway theaters, but Blumenthal will be one of the first cities outside New York to offer the free service to its guests.
GALAPRO will be available for Dear Evan Hansen, March 19-24, at Belk Theater.
What is GALAPRO?
A new closed captioning services delivered on a guest’s mobile phone. The captions are delivered in red type on a black screen, making them visible only to the guest using the service. It also blocks receipt of messages or incoming calls.
Will this replace the signed performance or assisted listening devices?
No, we’ll continue to offer those options.
How do I try it?
- Search for GalaPro from the App Store or Google Play. It’s a FREE App.
- Download the App to your smart phone. It works on Apple and Android devices.
- Open the App and select “Get Started Now”. Enter your email and create a password.
- We recommend you have the App installed on your phone and your GALAPRO account setup prior to arriving at the theater.
- Need help? Call us at 704-372-1000 or email at [email protected] for assistance.
How do I use it at the show?
- Set your phone to Airplane mode before the show begins. GALAPRO will only work if your phone is in airplane mode.
- Turn on your phone’s Wi-Fi after setting it to airplane mode. A list of Wifi networks will appear. Select GalaPro Wi-Fi from the list. Type “galapro1” (all lowercase) in the password box.
- Open the Gala Pro App and sign-in using your email and password.
- Tap the compass arrow and select Charlotte.
- Choose your show from the list and follow the instructions.
- Closed captioning will initiate automatically when the show starts.
Ask for assistance from an usher or stop by our Guest Services Coat Check.